What is SRT?
Superficial Radiotherapy Treatment (SRT) is a low energy radiotherapy that goes no deeper than the thickness of the skin. It is a highly effective, painless, and cosmetically attractive alternative to surgery for some cancers and patients. It is a non-surgical alternative to Mohs surgery and to topical chemotherapeutic treatment.
Why low energy radiotherapy?
- Cure rates similar to surgery
- Quickest treatment & recovery - 3 minute treatments,
3-5 days per week, 2 to 3 weeks
- Best appearance during treatment compared to other options
Who are candidates for SRT?
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Bowen's Carcinoma
- Multiple simultaneous skin cancers
- Fears of needles or surgery and its cosmetic outcome
- Medical conditions unfit for surgery (significant cardiac or pulmonary disease)
- Anti-coagulation medications
What is the cost?
Less than surgery and is covered by most insurance