Doctor Simon Madorsky is the medical director and founder of the Skin Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery Center and the Appearance Center of Newport Beach, both located in beautiful Newport Beach, CA. With over 20 years of experience in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, he is exceptionally qualified to perform complex procedures and does so with the highest standard of excellence.
Dr. Madorsky is double board certified in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is also the CME Chair of SCARS Foundation, an organization dedicated to supporting the continuing professional development of physicians through education, research, and community service.
Dr. Madorsky specializes in complex skin cancer reconstructions of the head and neck. He is known by his colleagues for his impressive work in Otolaryngology. However, over the span of the last decade, most of his favorite cases involve intermingling his passion for complex rhinoplasty, revision rhinoplasty, and nasal reconstruction with utilizing innovative techniques to offer his patients excellent results in facial reconstruction. He has quickly become one of the top resources for referring dermatologists and plastic surgeons in Orange County.
He is particularly proud of the Skin Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery Center because it is one of very few facilities in Orange County that offer the convenience of multiple board certified specialists in one centralized location. As a result, this unique multidisciplinary facility allows his patients access to the following:
- Mohs laboratory
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Superficial Radiation Therapy
- Monthly Skin Cancer Tumor Conference
- Independent physician participants - Dermatologists, Plastic Surgeons, Otolaryngologists, General Surgeons, Dermatopathologists, Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists
As the Supervisor of Superficial Radiotherapy, he strongly believes in the benefit of offering his patients various minimally invasive cures and preventative methods for skin cancer. It is a pleasure for Dr. Madorsky to be able to work with talented surgeons on complicated cases such as those that involve eye, ear, and nose reconstructions.
Dr. Madorsky's Medical Specializations include:
|Skin Cancer Treatments:
In addition to these treatments and reconstructive procedures, Dr. Madorsky also specializes in Cosmetic Procedures such as:
|Appearance Center of Newport Beach
1984 - 1986 Rice University, Houston Texas
1986 - 1990 Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Texas
Postgraduate Medical Training
1990 - 1992 University of California Irvine - General Surgery
1992 - 1996 University of California Irvine - Head and Neck Surgery
1996 - 1997 Oregon Health Sciences University - Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
After receiving his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine, Doctor Madorsky went on to complete his residency at University of California, Irvine where he continued his clinical education in Otolaryngology. He completed his Postgraduate Medical Training at Oregon Health and Sciences University, ranked one of the top ten medical schools in the nation. Here he was able to focus on furthering his education, research and clinical procedure in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Doctor Madorsky is passionate about remaining on the forefront of skin cancer innovation. As a result, his practice hosts a “SCARS Foundation Monthly Skin Cancer Conference” where doctors, surgeons and other medical professionals come together to examine complex skin cancer cases. As Chair of this accredited CME (Continuing Medical Education) conference, Dr. Madorsky ensures that he and his peers in the Orange County medical community remain informed about oncological advancements including - dermatology, reconstructive surgery, pharmaceutical advancements and biological advancements in detection.
Beginning in 1997, Doctor Madorsky has returned to University of California, Irvine to work as a Clinical Professor and Instructor. He also spent several years teaching as Director of Head and Neck Anatomy at St. Joseph Hospital.
Honors & Awards
For over twenty-two years, the Orange County medical community has praised Doctor Madorsky for his achievements in the field of medicine and skin cancer research. He has acted as Founder, Chairman and Member of several notable organizations and is the five-time winner of the award for the Orange County Medical Association (OCMA) Physician of Excellence, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. In addition to being recognized by these organizations, he is honored by the praise of his surgical peers and patients, who frequently refer or are referred to Doctor Madorsky because of his ability to treat with outstanding results.
- OCMA Physician of Excellence Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Founder Skin Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery Foundation 2012
- Past Member, Governing Board Newport Plaza Surgery Center 2009
- Founder Orange County ENT Study Club
- Chairman Department of EENT, St Joseph Hospital Orange CA 2006-2007
- Vice-Chairman Department of EENT, St Joseph Hospital Orange CA 2005-2006
- Member, Physician Leadership Committee St Joseph Hospital Affiliated Physicians IPA Orange CA 2003-2004
- Chairman Department of Otolaryngology Western Medical Center Santa Ana CA 1999-2001
- Resident Research Award "Nerve Regeneration Through Collagen Tubules" American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1993
Doctor Madorsky has continued to make research contributions to Orange County’s medical community as well as being an active community member in Newport Beach.
Since 2011, he has written eighty plus blog posts about preventing, detecting and treating skin cancer on his national Newsletter / blog for physicians - The Skin Cancer Connection at www.OCSkinCancer.com.
He has given many scientific presentations over the years, ranging from peripheral nerve regeneration to scientific milestones over the last half century. These have been a useful way to engage the community in research and development.
As an active citizen of Newport Beach’s lively community, Doctor Madorsky has made community outreach a chief concern. He has donated his time to the American Cancer Society, been a community volunteer, organized charities, made monetary contributions, and acted as a volunteer physician for many hospitals and clinics in need of a helping hand.
- Team Organizer, American Cancer Society, Relay For Life Newport Beach 2016
- Educational Lecturer, American Cancer Society, Skin Cancer Awareness and Prevention 2015
- Community Volunteer, Chamber of Commerce, Newport Beach Fire and Lifeguard Appreciation 2015
- Charity Organizer and Donor, Fisher House Southern California, Inc., Beauty and the Brave, 2015
- Sponsor and Volunteer, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Pipeline to a Cure 2013, 2014, 2015
- Israel Expo, Community Skin Cancer Screening, Irvine, CA, 2012, 2013
- Volunteer Physician, Remote Area Medical Clinic (RAMLA), Los Angeles CA, 2010
- Volunteer Physician, OC Maccabi Games, 2013 and 2009
- Soccer Coach, AYSO, Newport Beach CA, 2004 - 2007
- Nation Chief, YMCA Indian Princess Program, 2004 - 2005
- Board Member, Temple Bat Yahm, Newport Beach CA, 2003 - 2005
- Volunteer physician, La Amistad Clinic of St. Joseph Hospital, Orange CA, 2004
- Volunteer physician, CHOC ''In Loving Hands" surgery day for kids, Orange CA, Nov 27, 2004
- Volunteer physician, Kids Care mission in Northern California, 2001 and 2002
“Our goal is to minimize the effect of skin cancers on our patients by achieving cure, maintaining function and preserving appearance and form. We are an innovative center that strives to provide the highest standard of care available to our patients. “