About SCARS Center
Skin Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery Center is an all-inclusive treatment and recovery center which proudly offers dedicated care to skin cancer patients before diagnosis, during reconstruction and after treatment.
(Image) 180 Newport Center Drive, #157
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Conveniently located in beautiful Newport Beach, SCARS Center is one of Orange County’s premier treatment facilities. The center can be reached via major freeways or by way of Pacific Coast Highway, making this location accessible for patients from all over Southern California. The ease and convenience of our facility takes the stress out of finding treatment. By finding treatment in the local community, patients can be taken care of promptly and comfortably, without driving far or being inconveniently shuffled between facilities. When you are here, you are close to home and you are in good hands.
Our board certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons provide a comprehensive approach to skin cancer management in one, convenient location. Our facility offers access to a team of independent specialists, who provide patients with the individualized treatment they need.
To find out more about our surgeons, click here.
Our Surgery Center
Our onsite surgery center is unique to the facility and one of the reasons we are able to offer patients convenient, premium care. SCARS Center is a Joint Commission accredited ambulatory surgery center with 2 operating rooms equipped for local, monitored anesthesia care, and general anesthesia. Family members can rest comfortably in our serene waiting area, or visit local shops in Fashion Island while our patients are in treatment and recovery. Our helpful staff will communicate by phone or in person about the estimated time frame for patient pick up. Rather than having to visit multiple offices or travel between treatment locations, our patients receive top to bottom service in one central location. From the initial skin check to multistage surgery, including post operative visits and aftercare, our physicians treat each patient with premium care at every stage on their road to recovery.
Under the care of our specialists, we promise each patient:
- Access to the top healthcare providers in Orange County
- Exceptional treatment in a single, encompassing facility
- The safest standard of care
- A serene, private environment
We are a JCAHO (Joint Commission) accredited ambulatory surgery center and a member of the ASCA (Ambulatory Surgery Center Association) with a full staff of board certified surgeons. We are dedicated to providing our patients with a safe environment and the highest quality of care, in a private outpatient setting.
As a Joint Commission accredited facility, we are held to strict, comprehensive evaluations and standards
Mission: continuously improve health care for the public by evaluating health care organizations and inspiring them to excel in providing safe and effective care of the highest quality and value
Vision: All people always experience the safest, highest quality, best-value health care across all settings
- Independent, non-profit organization
- Accredits and certifies healthcare organizations and programs throughout the United States
- Recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards
Membership in the ASCA provides the resources and support necessary to deliver high-quality care and stay ahead of regulatory requirements
Mission: national membership association that represents ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) and provides advocacy and resources to assist ASCs in delivering high quality, cost-effective ambulatory surgery to all the patients they serve
- Help develop policies on ASC-related issues
- Develops and maintain working relationships with legislative and regulatory bodies
- Works in coalition with other organizations concerned with improving access to high quality care and reducing the costs of health care
- Encourages private insurers and government programs to provide insurance coverage and adequate reimbursement for procedures performed in ASCs
- Publishes ASC resources, including a monthly magazine, books and survey reports
- Conducts educational programs on ASC issues
- Informs the public about ASCs
For information about activities and lodging near SCARS Center, see Surgery Center Information.
We are located at 180 Newport Center Drive, Suites 157-159, Newport Beach, CA 92660